How does it work?
1. When you first contact us, we will gather a little information about who you would like photographed and what you would like to accomplish with your session. We can also answer any questions you have.
2. After you decide when you would like to schedule your portrait session we will ask for a deposit of half the session cost to hold that date and time. The second half of the session cost will be paid on the day of the shoot. We understand that sometimes things come up and a session will need to be rescheduled. As long as 24 hour notice is provided we can reschedule your shoot and your deposit will carry over. Please note that deposits can be forfeited if there is a no-show, 24 hour notice is not provided for a cancellation or there are excessive cancellations.
3. After a portrait session has been booked and the deposit received we will send a confirmation email with your session date and time and a few things you can do with your pet prior to your session to help insure a great shoot.
4. The first part of the portrait session will be letting your pet get to know us. This is very important since it insures that your pet is comfortable and willing to let us photograph them naturally. Even though the session package is estimated to take a certain amount of time we will never make you feel rushed to complete the shoot in a certain amount of time. Pets are unpredictable so your session will last for as long as it takes to get the shots we are after.
5. Once the shoot is completed you will receive access to an online gallery within one weeks. From the online gallery you will be able to choose which shots you would like printed and order them right then and there. If you have any questions during the print selection process you can contact us and we will be more than happy to answer them or offer our suggestions. To take advantage of current product rates your initial print and product orders must be placed and payment received within 30 days, after which time prices will increase.
6. Prints will come directly from a professional photographer's print lab. They will be shipped very quickly after your order is placed. Arrival is usually very quick, occurring no later than 2-3 weeks. If at any time in the future you would like to re-order products you can refer back to your gallery. To schedule your shoot call or eMail
How far will you travel?
Destinations within 25 miles of Carmel-by-the-Sea, IL are included in the price of your package. Anything beyond that will be subject to a travel fee of $1.00 per mile. Mapquest will determine the mileage.
Can I be included in some of the photos?
Sure, you can be included in as many of the photos as you would like. It is up to you. We would recommend wearing something that is a solid color and compliments the color of your pet(s). Additional animals (from the same household) can be added to the shoot for $10.00. The total online proofs will be split among all of the total pets being shot. If you would like more proofs available you can add $50 per additional pet. This will allow us more time with each animal and provides 50% more proofs.
How is the print quality?
Your photos will be printed at a professional photographer's lab using the very best of papers and inks.
Where do your photo shoots take place?
We prefer to shoot your pets at Carmel Beach, we find that the dogs LOVE to play in the sand and surf which is sure to bring out their playful character.
I would like to have my shoot at a park but my pet needs to stay on a leash?
That won't be a problem. We are able to remove the leash in our digital darkroom, if you would prefer. If you are going to want the leash removed in a lot of your pictures, an extra fee might be required to cover the considerable time this can take.
What if I am not happy with any of the pictures you take?
We are so sure that you will be happy with your photos that we offer a money back guarantee on your session package price. Since we aren't a large, stuffy photo studio, we can work with you to get exactly what you are looking for, even if it requires scheduling a re-shoot.
How are you giving back to pets in need?
As a way of giving back to the pet community we enjoy donating photo shoots to many local pet organizations. These shoots are used for auctions as a way of raising funds for the organization. There are MANY great pet related organizations in the Quad City area. We adopted our doberman, Rocky, from the The Rock Island Animal care and Control Center. If you are looking to adopt a pet please consider them. They do a great job matching needy pets with loving homes. If you are part of a pet organization please feel free to contact us about a possible photo shoot donation for your next event.
What if the weather is bad on the day of my shoot?
We will contact you earlier in the day if it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate for your shoot. We can play it by ear or reschedule for another day.
Do you shoot in black and white?
We shoot entirely in digital so any the photos taken can be converted to black and white or sepia right in your photo gallery. We even have a retro selection. Some pictures look better in black and white while others tend to look better in color.
Do you have a studio?
We have a home studio for those that would like a more formal portrait. With the backdrops and props we have, we are sure to get the looks you like. One thing to consider is that some pets do not feel comfortable with the flashes and are very tricky to photograph this way. Our patience with your pet usually pays off. However, if your pet is one of them we might have to try a more natural photo shoot.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, money orders and PayPal. If you would like to pay for your session package with credit card we will email you a PayPal invoice for the deposit. We will email a second PayPal invoice right before the photo shoot to cover the rest of the session package price.
What is the contract for?
We have a contract for both of us to sign that explains the terms of your photo shoot and protects my rights to the photos that result from the shoot. This contract will be signed right before the shoot.
I still have a few questions.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us. We can set up an appointment to go over your shoot or we can go over everything on the phone. We want to make sure you get all of your questions answered and you feel comfortable with the shoot.